Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Interview with Todd Hunter

Here's the link to Christianity Today's interview with Todd Hunter.

http://www.ctlibrary.com/ct/2009/september/11.66.html

Todd and I have crossed paths a few times over the past 20 years, and I'm looking forward to working with him in the future.

In the early 1980s, Todd was instrumental in helping to get a Vineyard church started in Cincinnati (at the time he was pastoring in Wheeling, WV and traveling to Cincinnati to meet with a small group. Later he encouraged Steve and Janie Sjogren to move to Ohio to pastor the group). The Vineyard Community Church, that eventually grew from that small group, is where I worked for several years and where my wife currently works.

I met Todd a few years after that (now nearly 20 years ago) when he led a few Vineyard seminars and workshops that I attended.

Now, Todd has joined the same Anglican group that I am affiliated with...the Anglican Mission in the Americas (AMiA). Later this month, he will be ordained an Anglican bishop.

Joining Todd in the consecration to the office of Bishop will be Rev. Silas Tak Yin Ng (of Toronto, Canada) and Rev. Canon David "Doc" Loomis (of Hudson, Ohio).

Doc currently serves as Canon Missioner for AMiA and oversees a regional network of Anglican churches. Last August, Doc commissioned me as a Lay Catechist in the Anglican Church.

Here are two links to learn more about the Anglican Mission in the Americas (AMiA) and our local network of Anglican churches:

http://www.theamia.org/

http://www.honanetwork.com/

-d.

No comments: