Thursday, October 9, 2008

Remembrance of Things Past


New Brunswick, NJ – I’m working in New Jersey this week...in the city of New Brunswick, the home of Rutgers University. Yesterday after work, I drove “down the shore” to the Wildwoods and Cape May in southern New Jersey.

I had worked in Wildwood during the summer of 1987, when I was eighteen, so it was enjoyable for me to see the area again and walk along the shore last night.

I was amazed to see the difference that a season makes…during the summertime the streets are filled with traffic and parking is limited. Last night, however, there was almost no traffic on the roads, making it easy for me to drive through the small near-empty towns.

On my drive south and then north again, I listened to music from the eighties and thanked God again for events long past.

Blessings,

-D.

No comments: