Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Seven Steps to Growth and Healing








Last week I worked in Toronto, Canada where I had a chance to talk to a friend who could name the date, seventeen years ago, when he had his last alcoholic drink. Talking with him made me grateful that today, more than ever, topics of addiction, recovery, growth and healing are discussed in the Church.

Over the past year, I've had the chance to lead some recovery oriented groups at the Vineyard Community Church in Cincinnati, where Sue, my wife, serves on the staff of the Growth and Healing Ministry. It has been amazing to see the depths of hurt, but also the healing that Christ offers.

A few months ago I put my thoughts on recovery in a small booklet called, "Seven Steps to Growth and Healing".

Here's the link to the file: http://www.cincyanglican.org/Seven_Steps.pdf

No comments: