Friday, February 26, 2010

Church Signs

Every now and then I see some really bad church signs. In fact, the church down the street from us has a large gate in front of their building and driveway with large "No Parking" signs...it's not too inviting.

Two weeks ago I worked in the city of Woonsocket, Rhode Island, a small city located in the northern part of the state just south of the Massachusetts border.

While there I ate most of my meals at the Patriot's Diner (a small diner, with lots of chrome and Valentine's Day balloons). And there, I enjoyed hearing the wonderful Rhode Island accents of the waitresses asking me if I wanted cawfee, sweetened tea, etc.

Driving around Woonsocket, I drove into the Massachusetts town of Blackstone. There, at St. Theresa's Catholic Church I saw one of my favorite Church signs, it said simply:


The Mystery of Faith
Christ has died
Christ has risen
Christ will come again


A perfect sign for any church.
-d.

No comments: