Friday, October 17, 2008

Fireproof

Last weekend we saw the new movie called "Fireproof", a movie created with the help of 1,200 volunteers from Sherwood Baptist Church in Albany, Georgia.

Here's a link to the preview: http://www.fireproofthemovie.com/

If I could serve as a very bad movie critic for a moment (Gene Shalit eat your heart out), here's my take on it:

"The movie Fireproof stars Kirk Cameron as Captain Caleb Holt who is a firefighter in a troubled marriage. He thinks that his marriage has gone up in smoke. His wife, Catherine (Erin Bethea) thinks the marriage has flamed out too, and her feelings begin to smolder for a hot doctor at work. Just when all seems lost, Caleb's father intervenes and challenges his son not to burn out but to unconditionally love his wife for forty more days. In the process Caleb becomes fired up about his wife and God. This movie is a sizzler. It's scorching hot. Don't miss this blistering performance.
Okay, so I won't quit my day job to write movie reviews. What did I really think....I thought the movie got off to a slow start, but soon was very interesting.

For me, Fireproof was a great reminder of God's unconditional love. I recommend seeing it.

Blessings,
-D.

No comments: